Ultimate shaft driven AWD performance with the ease and safety of 2.4GHz control!
Chase mode (a.k.a. Tiki Tiki mode) adds heat to racing battles! Compatible with optional gyro!
The advanced design of the Mini-Z AWD incorporates four wheel independent suspension and a shaft driven 4WD featuring precision differential gears on front and rear controlled by the pre-installed ASF 2.4GHz unit, and is small enough to fit on the palm of your hand! The one-piece RA-23T receiver-amp unit features a Chase Mode that turbo-boosts the excitement of R/C racing. When used with a compatible 3-channel transmitter (sold separately), the Chase Mode acts as a power limiter to restrict output to 70% of full throttle. However, when the opportunity presents itself, push the 3rd button and output is instantaneously increased to 100% for a 3-second burst of speed. Inspired by the boost button on full-size formula racing machines, this new feature dramatically increases the intensity of racing action! Restricting the maximum speed actually allows better driving lines and supports easier control, but once the overtake button is pushed, the machine surges forward like a tiger in attack! However once you’re in front, you become the hunted. The lead can change numerous times during a race with much more overtaking, adding greater excitement to your racing battles. Also, the Chase mode can be set so the overtake button can only be used a certain number of times per machine (optional No.82080/I.C.S. USB adapter and computer are required). This allows you to apply a handicapping system by restricting the number of speed bursts each car can use, allowing beginners to compete on a more even footing with more experienced drivers. Of course, the ASF 2.4GHz 2-channel transmitter for the MINI-Z Racer can be used and the optional gyro can be installed inside the upper cover. As it evaluates the running posture of the model it automatically corrects the steering and throttle for smoother control making it easier to drive, especially for beginners and drift drivers. As this set is packaged without transmitter, it is ideal for existing owners of an ASF 2.4GHz MINI-Z Racer, making it economical as a 2nd or even 3rd model. The advanced AWD chassis and the blistering acceleration from the Chase Mode produce highly addictive levels of excitement and racing action.
- Features ASF2.4GHz R/C system that removes need to manage frequency bands. A single transmitter can be used with multiple models. *Transmitter is sold separately.
- Frequency crystals are not required and up to 40 cars can be run at the same time.
- Ultra fast signal processing speed results in almost instantaneous control response.
- Shipped in standard setup. Change to Chase Mode with the push of a single button. Other setting changes can be made by using I.C.S. USB adapter (sold separately).
- LED indicator shows power status.
- Differential units can be removed with just four screws on the front and six on the rear.
- 4-wheel independent suspension uses king pin struts with built-in coil springs.
- Features the controlled drift of a true AWD machine.
- Uses the narrowest 65mm chassis design so the Mini-Z 01/015 body styles can be fitted.
- Can be easily converted to the Mini-Z Racer M and L size to match your existing MINI-Z body. (Some body styles may not be compatible). - Equipped with four ball bearings as standard.
- Zero point specification with factory-set steering neutral delivers superior straight running. Allows timing of reverse control to be adjusted.
- Includes the 6-types 14 multi offset wheels to suit the various model type. Almost all the narrow body type for MINI-Z Racer can be installed.Includes 14 multi offset wheels providing six different settings. Nearly all are compatible with the MINI-Z Racer narrow bodies.
< Mini-Z AWD and MINI-Z Racer Interchangeability >
Regarding Body Fitting
- The MINI-Z AWD chassis width is the same as the MINI-Z Racer MR-015.
Most bodies for the M and L-size wheelbases of the MR-01 and MR-015 chassis are compatible with the AWD.
- MINI-Z AWD features specially designed wheels. These wheels are not compatible with previous versions of the MINI-Z.
Please select and use the wheels included in the chassis set.
Regarding the Auto Scale Collection
- Wheels included in the Auto Scale Collection are not compatible with the AWD.
Use together with the wheels included in the AWD chassis set.
Regarding the Motor
- The wiring on the motor included on the MINI-Z AWD is different to other motors in the MINI-Z Racer Series.
Please use the motor set specifically for the AWD.
< Chassis Set Contents >
Factory assembled chassis with R/C unit installed
Pinion Gear (15T, 17T, 19T, 21T)
Wheelbase for M and L each 27T, 29T, 31T
Rear suspension spacers for chassis height adjustment
Pinion gear tool
*PERFEX EX-5UR ASF Transmitter
< Required for Operation >
3-channel transmitter for MINI-Z compatible with ASF 2.4GHz <Recommended: Kyosho EX-5UR ASF transmitter (No.82011) or compatible ASF 3-channel KO transmitter> or Perfex KT-18 transmitter (If not using the Chase mode)
Suitable Auto Scale Collection body
AAA-size alkaline batteries x 4 or Ni-MH batteries x 4 for chassis.
Batteries for transmitter <For EX-5UR (recommended transmitter): AA-size alkaline batteries x 8>
I.C.S. USB adapter (No.82080) for using I.C.S. functions and Chase Mode adjustment.
Note: Overtake function may work with R246 2.4GHz module adapter but is not guaranteed with transmitters other than Kyosho or KO 3-channel transmitters. Also, the 2-channel KT-18 transmitter can be used without Chase Mode.
Chassis Technical data
F25.0×8.5 mm/F25.0×11 mm
7.2? 6.4? 6.0? 5.7?5.3? 5.0?4.5 : 1
Compatible Transmitters with Easy to Use Overtake Button for Chase Mode
Push the 3rd channel button under the steering wheel to activate the speed burst in Chase mode. For 3 seconds the motor delivers its full power output. Choose the critical time to release the speed burst and win the race! Experience the excitement of real racing with a Chase mode compatible 3-channel transmitter. With the 2.4GHz ASF system operating on the 2.4Ghz frequency, the control system automatically scans and selects open bands when it is switched on to prevent interference. Also, the system allows up to 40 models to be run in the same race. With the simple one-touch pairing (binding or registering of the transmitter with the receiver), a single transmitter can be used to control multiple models.
*Set does not include R/C System.